Friday, February 15, 2013

No Cash No Cookie…




Day 14

I want a donut.  It’s the two week celebration of my spending hiatus and the second day of Lent and I am hungry.  Yesterday went great and it clearly lulled me into a false sense of security as to how this process would go.  Today I can feel the effects of the “detox” setting in.  I am hungry, I have a headache…did I mention I’m hungry?  I seem to have conveniently forgotten that these first few weeks are…an adjustment…as my body climbs off the carb converted sugar train.  Couple this with the fact Panara stuck a cookie in my lunch order today and it’s just plain hell…goodbye sweet deliciousness, guess I’ll have to settle for picking the chocolate bits out of my trail mix for now.
Evil Temptress



When I mentioned my Lenten endeavor to the Hubs his natural questions was “well haven’t you already given something up?” referencing my Free February project.  Its was a good question, a smart question, a question I should have just answered with "well yes, I guess I am already in compliance"…but no I like to be difficult.  This project ends in February I said, Lent isn’t over until late March, I said…it would be cheating…damn moral fortitude…
On a positive note Free February is progressing quite well.  There have certainly been expenses but they have all been of a medical, grocery or transportation nature.  I have not been to Starbucks (except for this: http://confessionsofafailedsouthernbelle.blogspot.com/2013/02/working-on-my-fitness.html) I have gotten nothing out of the vending machine, no rambling trips to Target and have not had one lunch or dinner eaten out.  While it has required some planning for the most part I am pleased with how well I'm doing.  Don’t get me wrong though, I have a legal pad list going of the things I need to order/buy/do on March 1st including everything from birthday gifts to bridal shower preparations but for now, I’m holding steady.
On another bright note Happy Valentines Day!  I wish you lots of love, hugs and kisses and special times with those you love...all the best things in life really are free!

No comments:

Post a Comment